Tagged: usb button texture water lava
June 15, 2023 at 8:35 am #2572
Doh! <slaps forehead> I see, now. Yes, my instructions above have an error. The pipe file name must match in all steps. So “SARndbox.fifo” in steps 4 and 5 should be “SARndbox.pipe”. Sorry.
Good catch. Will you be posting video anywhere of your sandbox running with alternate liquids and matching colors?
Updated/Fixed steps to change color maps in a running sandbox:
1) If not already done, add a control pipe in the folder you launch SARndbox. In a terminal window, run
mknod SARndbox.pipe pto create a pipe you will use to control the running sandbox.
2) If not already done, tell SARndbox to use a control pipe. This is done with the
-cp SARndbox.pipeoption. I.e.
SARndbox -uhm -cp SARndbox.pipe. The pipe names must match in all steps.
3) Create an alternate color map file. Find “HeightColorMap.cpt” and copy it, in the same folder, to “HeightColorMap-lava.cpt”. The four columns in cpt files are (left to right) elevation, red, green, and blue. Edit “HeightColorMap-lava.cpt” to swap the red and blue values for all elevations below sea level. For example, the first line (“-40.0 0 0 80”) becomes “-40.0 80 0 0”.
4) Test your new color map in a terminal window. Run
echo "colorMap HeightColorMap-lava.cpt" > SARndbox.pipeto change to the lava color map. Run
echo "colorMap HeightColorMap.cpt" > SARndbox.pipeto change to the default color map.
echo "colorMap <color map file>" > SARndbox.pipeto the “switch” scripts to match the color map to the texture.
6) Ask questions if you run into problems.June 15, 2023 at 8:40 am #2573
home/civur/src/scripts/weather.shaprobably does not exist, I believe you meant
But, are you using “civur” as your sandbox login name? If not, replace “civur” with your sandbox login name. That is,
Also, when I press the “5” button, it closes the sandbox aplication, the same with the “6” button, the aplication freeze and then close.
I suspect, like the initial post from @nicolas-mendoza, the failed weather script is crashing the sandbox software. Do you see any errors if you start the sandbox from a terminal window?July 4, 2023 at 5:04 am #2583Leonardo16Participant
So, I tried again, and I’m facing the same troubles, I get a “No such file or directory” my sandbox scripts are saved at the following configuration /home/alfredo/src/scripts
I Just don’t know why I have this error, I paste the exact same things that are on the Google Drive document, help, pls.July 5, 2023 at 9:00 am #2584
Please post a transcript of a terminal session where you run the failing command and the errors you receive. Also, include the output of the terminal command
ls -lR ~/src/scriptsand the contents of
I suspect you have all the pieces in place and it is just a matter of patching them together.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.